Monday, March 19, 2018

Coastal Style





I hope you had a great weekend....

the last one of winter!




A few weeks ago I found a large summer scarf
at a thrift store for a few dollars. I bought it, not
to wear but to make coastal style pillows
with for our summer cottage.
I was able to make 3 pillows and cover
an old lampshade with it.....not bad
for $3.


A cute coastal style style mug from
the Dollar Store.



Pretty teacups are more my style.


                       I have enjoyed adding touches of blue
                     and white to our little seaside cottage
            bit by bit!

                                                  Looking forward to relaxing spring/summer days
                                                             at the cottage .....coming soon!
                                                                 Someday, I will show the before and after
                                                                 shots but it is still a work in progress.

                                                                                   Thank you for stopping by,

                                                                                                     Carolyn



5 comments:

My Cozy Corner said...

Yay!!! You posted the most adorable pillows, and the lamp shade is a wonderful touch to your beautiful cottage. I worked out in my flower bed yesterday, and today my body is reminding of the workout. Thank you so much for sharing.
Joyously,
Betty

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

So pretty.. I am in the mood for blue! Love it. Have a good afternoon. Leticia

Sandi said...

LOVE the nautical mug!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

What a find! That scarf made great pillows! I love the blue and whites in your cottage... I grew up going to beach "cottage" on the coast of Oregon and the kitchen was all blue and white. I absolutely loved it and have such wonderful memories from there. I'm looking forward to your trips to the cottage and seeing the water and enjoying the warm weather with you! Marilyn

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What a deal on the scarf. The pillows are perfect and I love the teacups!
hugs,
Jann